Information on Long-Term Care
Long-term care is quickly becoming a growing concern for millions of aging Americans today. With advances in medical technology, we can expect to live longer than previous generations. But living well into your 80s or 90s means you’re also highly likely to require LTC services.
What the majority are not aware of is that long-term care is typically not covered by regular health insurance or life insurance. Government programs like Medicare only provide limited assistance, while Medicaid only helps those who truly cannot afford the costs of care.
For those with income and assets, taking care of your long-term care needs is strictly your responsibility. However, meeting those future expenses is more difficult than you think, and millions of seniors have experienced serious financial struggles after paying for care out-of-pocket.
Find information on everything regarding long-term care, including the basics, planning options, facilities, and senior health. Below are some of the most popular topics:
- Who Needs Long-Term Care?
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Types of LTC Facilities / Settings
- Long-Term Care Costs by State
- What is Long-Term Care Insurance?
- Benefits of Long-Term Care Insurance
- Factors Affecting Rates
- Top Long-Term Care Insurance Carriers
- Government LTC Programs
- Long-Term Care Insurance Partnership Program
- LTC Tax Deduction and Tax-Qualified Policies
- Tax-free LTC Coverage through a 1035 Exchange
Successful Planning with Long-Term Care Insurance
A long-term care insurance policy remains the most effective way of being ready for the costs of care in your retirement. By preparing today, while you’re young and healthy, you can ensure that you have a safety net prepared that can answer this need. InfoLongTermCare.org provides extensive and updated information about long-term care and LTC insurance.
- Read our resources to learn how big an impact long-term care can have in your life, and what you can do to be ready.
- See how an insurance policy can be the difference between enjoying your retirement and worrying about your finances.
- Finally, learn how to secure your future by acquiring a policy that fits your requirements and budget.
Compare policies from various major carriers in your area by requesting free LTC insurance quotes. Rates for similar coverage can differ by more than 90 percent depending on the carrier – you need to compare to maximize your insurance and save in premiums.